Most people keep their personal calendars under a
@gmail.com domain. However, there are some people who purchase GSuite and use a custom domain for their personal calendars.
As noted in this article, Reclaim automatically shares your personal calendar with your work calendar so that you can manage them and view the full details of personal events directly from your work calendar.
In some cases, if you use GSuite for your personal calendar, you'll need to make changes to your sharing permissions in order to see shared personal events show up on your work calendar. If you're seeing events that look like this:
Then it's quite possible that you need to make some changes.
How to fix it
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Go to admin.google.com while authenticated with your personal email.
- Click Apps.
- Click GSuite.
- Click Calendar.
- Click External sharing options for primary calendars.
- Select "Share all information, and outsiders can change calendars".
- Click Save.
Now, when you refresh your work calendar, you should see personal events and their full details from your personal calendar.
Events from Gmail
Another issue that might be preventing your personal event details from showing up on your work calendar is Events From Gmail permissions.
In order to see Events From Gmail (events that are automatically created from Gmail for things like flights, reservations, and so on) you have to modify your permissions on your personal calendar.
- Go to your personal calendar's Google Calendar UI
- Click on Settings
- Click on Events From Gmail
- Under "Visibility of Gmail events", select Private