Sometimes you may want events to be blocked out in both directions. For example, you may want to block events from your work calendar on your personal calendar as well as block events from your personal calendar on your work calendar. If you're willing to do a bit of extra work, it's possible to do this with Reclaim.
This document assumes that you've already set up Reclaim to block events on your work calendar as shown in the diagram below:
Syncing events in both directions
You can have events sync in both directions by following these steps:
- Open an Incognito window in Chrome to ensure your session is cleared.
- Go to the Signup page and login using the email you want to sync events to. This will create a different account with Reclaim. You can use any email you like except the one that you used for creating your first account with Reclaim. For example, if you want to sync events in both directions for [email protected] and [email protected], and you've already set up an account under [email protected], sign in using [email protected].
- Go through the onboarding. When prompted for your work email, connect the personal calendar that you used in your first onboarding.
- On the next step, when prompted for your personal email, connect the work calendar that you used in your first onboarding.
- Finish the onboarding. Events will now flow in both directions.
We do not support daisy-chaining calendars (e.g., Personal Calendar -> Work Calendar 1 -> Work Calendar 2). Personal event blocks created by Reclaim will not show up on Work Calendar 2 and will be ignored.
Additionally, any events that are created by Reclaim on a "source" calendar will not be blocked on your work calendar. This is related to the daisy-chaining concern, as it breaks the space-time continuum / crosses streams.